I saw the NYX Ultimate shadow palette in Brights and knew I had to have it. My make up is always very tame. I don’t wear a lot of colour and stick entirely to neutrals. BUT, the colours are so vivid, and I was feeling inspired.
This is the final look. It’s a transition from yellow, into green and finally into blue along the lash line. I felt so beautiful wearing this and it is the perfect look for summer!
I actually used every colour in the bottom half of the palette.
- I started off with the true yellow shade and put it on the outer corner and into the outer part of the crease. I tried not to take it too far in to keep the rest of the eye blank for the other colours.
- I then took the orange-yellow collour and went back into the outer crease to deepen the yellow colour. I started to bring this colour onto the main part of the lid and blend the colour out near the centre of the lid.
- Taking the light green shade (second from left), I blended this into the yellow shade on the outer lid and started to bring the cover onto the lid.
- To add more colour, I started to blend the darker green into the deepest part of the crease and blended the colour out to the outer part of the lid.
- On the outer most part of the crease and lid I added the light turquoise (first on the right, second row). It was quite a subtle colour, but added a nice transition between the upper eye and lower eye.
- Again, to deepen the outer corner I added the darker turquoise and blended this towards the lower lash line.
- I had initially wanted to add blue to the lid as well, but thought a bright blue would overload it so I added it along the lower lash line instead. I applied the darker blue (second from left) first before adding the electric blue to make it really pop. I then blended this out with a dome brush do it didn’t look quite so harsh.
- I added a thick liner and mascara to the upper and lower lashes and voila!
Let me know what you think of this look! I’m in LOVE!